Penya Barcelonista de Lisboa

dijous, de març 29, 2007

Ronaldinho: “It's my job to play”


Ronaldinho: “It's my job to play”


Ronaldinho is back in Barcelona after taking part in two friendly internationals against Chile and Ghana with Brazil. He assured us that he is focussed on playing football and is neither thinking about nor worried about his future.

Ronaldinho landed in Barcelona on Wednesday after helping Brazil to two wins in their Copa America preparatory games against Chile (4-0) and Ghana (1-0). Focussed on his game Speaking at Barcelona airport, he assured reporters he was concentrating on the rest of the season and not on his personal future: “It’s my job to play and it’s his (his brother and representative) to talk about these things. I’m only concerned with playing and I’m completely focussed on that”.

Ronaldinho believes it is basic to have a good season and for the rumour mill to stop: “I’m only worried about this season, about playing and hoping that this will be sorted out as soon as possible”. Copa America and Dunga Ronaldinho’s fitness and injury situation will determined whether he will take part in the Copa America, which is to be held in Venezuela from 26th June until 15th July.

He revealed that he has not yet discussed his case with Brazil manager Dunga: “I haven’t spoken about it yet. In the end I’ll decide if I feel tired and speak with him. If I feel OK and he picks me, I’ll go to the Copa America”.

Prefers the number 10 shirt
Ronaldinho wore the number 7 shirt in the last two Brazil friendlies. While accepting the manager’s decision, he did not hide his own preferences. “I don’t like it but what can I do? It’s my job to play and the important thing is to be playing and playing well; scoring goals and extending my run of goals”.