Penya Barcelonista de Lisboa

dimecres, de desembre 20, 2006

"I already feel like a winner"


"I already feel like a winner"
Ronaldinho admitted that just being at the FIFA World Player of the Year awards ceremony in Switzerland was recognition enough of his work. "I feel like a winner just being here," he stated.

After the long journey back from Japan, the Brazilian superstar has travelled directly to the event in Switzerland, where the three candidates to win the player of the year title will discover their fate.
In the press conference before the ceremony the Barça number ten, who was accompanied by Fabio Cannavaro, but not Zinedine Zidane, said: "I am just pleased to be part of all this."

Hard work rewarded

By being there, Ronaldinho is assured of a place in the top three. "To be among the winners, makes me feel like a winner," he explained. "It is reward for all my hard work. While he (Cannavaro) wants to be the best in defence, I want to be the best in attack. We all work hard on our game."


Difficult choice

When asked about the absence of Samuel Eto'o in the top players category, the Barcelona forward stated: "There are many players that could be here and Eto'o is obviously one them because he has proved himself in every competition." It is difficult to choose just three players as so many deserve recognition."
A shame
Ronaldinho then reflected on the defeat against Internacional in the FIFA Club World Cup: "Regrettabl, we could not win," he explained. "It was a very tough event. We had to cope with jet lag and in the end we lost the final. But we have to continue to do well in the Champions League and hope to go back again."
Thinking about the team
Ronaldinho looked to take the spotlight of himself when he explained that "every player should play in their position, thinking only about to benefit their team. I always want to help my team".
He then added: "It is very important for me to play regularly, with Brazil and with Barça, and to prove that I am always ready and willing to play."